Saturday, November 5, 2016

Using Animoto in Classroom

This week, I have learnt about an amazing website, Animoto, which is used for creating videos. People use this website for many reasons but mainly for business and education. You can create educational videos by using pictures, music and text. Animoto offers great background themes and music you can choose from. It is very easy to use. I usually watch Youtube tutorials before I start using this kind of tools, but I did not really need it for Animoto.



I prepared a video about the life cycle of a frog using Animoto this week. Using this video, I can make an introduction to teaching storytelling and how sequencing helps order events or steps. Students will also learn and practice the use of transition words such as first, second, third, next, then, after that, etc. I can ask students to create a video using Animoto. I could ask students to make a video about how they spent their last birthday, or I could ask them to create a video about a simple recipe. When I assess them, I would consider how they used the pictures and text- if the picture really represents the text. I would also consider their performance in using transition words correctly and efficiently.

Performance Indicator- ESL.1.5-8.1.1.9: Students convey and organize information using facts, details, illustrative examples, and a variety of patterns and structures.

Performance Indicator- ESL.1.5-8.1.1.12: Students convey information and ideas through spoken and written language using conventions and features of American English appropriate to audience and purpose.
   

2 comments: