Sunday, November 6, 2016

Using Dvolver in Classroom

This week I used Dvolver in order to create a mini digital story about going to the movies. I really liked this website. I first tried using Strip Generator, but after I got errors each time I tried to publish my story, I turned to Dvolver. I liked Dvolver because you can easily choose from many different characters, music and settings, but I would have loved it more if it had let us customize it all a little bit more.




By creating their digital story, my students could demonstrate the following performance indicators:

ESL.1.5-8.4.1.9: Students use appropriate vocabulary, expressions, language, routines, and interaction styles for various audiences and formal and informal social or school situations, noticing how intention is realized through language.

ESL.1.5-8.1.1.12: Students convey information and ideas through spoken and written language using conventions and features of American English appropriate to audience and purpose.

I would assess my students on the basis of their content being meaningful. If I make it clear that I want students to use certain forms, terms, words in their dialogues, I can check and see if they used them properly, I could also have them act out their role plays in the classroom and assess their spoken performance based on stress, intonation, and pronunciation.


1 comment:

  1. This would be great in a language classroom because you could use it for a unit such as greetings or making plans. Nice!

    ReplyDelete